Frequently Asked Question
VPNArea for Mac - Change Log, Release notes.
Last Updated about a month ago
Version 2.2 (3532)
Version 2.1 (Build 3087)
- Updated Killswitch logic to prevent traffic passing through during reconnection to any IP except to the one of destination server.
- Updated OpenSSL 1.1.1o and OpenVPN 2.5.6 versions.
- Improved server load retrievement logic.
- Added Hardened Runtime capability
- Update of core OpenSSL and OpenVPN versions
- Removed caching of DNS
- Updated Icon set design
- Notarized DMG container and App
- Added additional fix for some instances of DNS failure to restore original DNS servers.
- Added fix for failure to restore original DNS in some instances
- Refactor Dedicated IP View Controller
- User can have more than one dedicated server
- Fixed Dedicated IP server not being immediately shown upon creation
- Toggle dedicated server buttons on selection
- Fixed refresh servers logic not updating IP Address without restart if new server had same name
- Fixed drop-down -> recent server menu selection
- Moved flags to resource sub folder
- Fixed Incorrect flags
- Confirm launcher functionality
- Check for incorrect DNS settings on start
Version 2.1 (Build 3087)
- Aligned search-bar place holder
- Made Main UI re-appear on click
- Adjusted wrong colour on table selection
- Added OCLint target
- Fixed stunnel related error
- Added constraints to settings options
- Improved country flags rendering logic
- FileService is now a static class.
- Fixed crash on server refresh
- Added Stealth tab in main UI
- Improved Stunnel configuration handling
- Grouped mutually exclusive DNS settings
- Created custom header box class(es) to strip down storyboards & repeated code.
- Updated OpenSSL version
- Updated OpenVPN version
- Limited Favourite servers to 10
- Added auto layout constraints to Main UI
- Fixed Fuzzy buttons text
- Fixed ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’ error on start up experienced by some users
- Fixed Stunnel library related error
- Disabled OS X Mojave dark theme
- Improved public IP lookup logic
- Stunnel / Obfuscation support, fully automatic via “X-Stunnel” servers in Special tab
- Improved flags handling
- Fixed a typo
- Improved logic of IP check request
- Updated GeoIP db.
- Better handling of DNS logic.
- Fixed a bug that would not restore “Automatic DNS” settings on Mac once VPN is disconnected.
- Completely new UI design in line with our new design on Windows with necessary changes to reflect expectations of Mac UI
- Better installation process fixes rare installation issues in previous app
- Search function added in main UI
- AdBlock & Malware prevent option added that optionally enables VPNArea’s DNS servers that provide AdBlocking and block known Malware servers/sites
- Automatic use of VPNArea’s own no-logs DNS servers without AdBlocking
- Sorting by Distance/Ping/Load
- Load monitor in % percentages
- Added “Distance” functionality which will display approximate distance between user’s IP and the servers
- Added “Recommended” tab which will display 7 recommended servers based on closest distance
- Added “Favourites” tab which will display last 7 servers used by the user
- #147634441 – Upgrade OpenVPN to 2.4.3 (Statically linked binary)
- Upgraded OpenVPN to latest version as a precaution for discovered vulnerabilities in previous OpenVPN versions, even though VPNArea is not affected by those vulnerabilities
- #146211333 – Failure to save user/pass fixed
- #144998647 – Added sound on Disconnect
#144158577 – Fixed a scenario with a crash on Server Update
#144164499 – Ensure only one VPN process can run
#132540511 – Disabling the Killswitch should re-enable the interface